Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Coconut Questions

  1. #1
    Inactive Member lair4's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I picked up the Gardening set and the Cooking set since they are on sale, but I don't actually have Coconut yet. How big is she? What are your favorite sets for her? Can you store some accessories in the carrying bag? Also can all of Coconut's sets be used w/ Licorice?

    Sorry to be so full of questions! I just thought I might get some of the sets for my daughter's birthday and thought I would get some imput first.

    Thanks!
    Marcy

  2. #2
    Inactive Member gingerharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a Coconut that i bought in a set with her books at barnes and noble. I do not have licorice but I think her sets can be used. I don't know if Licorice has the magnet mouth, but I know the hats and little clothing stuff that Coconut has can be put on Licorice. Another thing is that the old Coconuts such as ones found still on ebay DO NOT have the magnet mouth but a newer one does. Her sets are very cute.
    I have her garden set. It's darling but I bought a bow to spruce up the plain straw hat. I have her cupid set and that is my favorite set that i have for her. I also have a retired holiday set and easter set. They are very cute and can be found on ebay for reasonable price. You can also make other accessories for her to hold in her mouth by gluing a safety pin to them. I made a football for her to hold in her mouth by gluing a safety pin on the back of a flat, tiny, football.
    I measured my Coconut. She's 5 inches tall and from the top of her head to her end of her bum she's about 6 inches long. The older Coconuts were heavy, but the newer ones are very light and easy to tote around. Mine came with a book, leash, and collar. She's not squishy or cuddable but great to tote around dress up. My students love her!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Licorice does have a magnet mouth too and shares all of Coconut's toys. I think they're kind of silly, but Diana loves them both. Thanks to the code, we now have all the accessory items except for the greek chariot and snowboard.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Aunt Cornelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    363
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, my dd just got Coconut for her birthday from Grandma and we were both quite surprised with her. I knew she was very small, because we'd seen her in a bookstore before, but she has a hard base and is not cuddly at all! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

    This was somewhat shocking to us, because up till now, all of dd's stuffed animals sleep with her. Well, this one is sleeping in his own dog house now (which we had gotten from a garage sale a few months ago).

    The main thing that surprised us both is that he seems to be more for display than play. I guess they make him heavy and hard on his bottom so he doesn't fall over easily, but it is not very realistic when you pick him up.

    BUT, he is VERY cute and we do love him. He's been here a week now, and he really does grow on you. And his accessories are incredibly adorable. I got her his birthday accessories and he sat on an end table as a party decoration.

    I just think he's best for a slightly older child or an adult, due to his non-cuddlability. (How's that for a word?? [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

  5. #5
    mistee_magic
    Guest mistee_magic's Avatar

    Post

    I have Coconut's carrying bag. I store her sleigh in there, but I have a separate bag for her accessories. My favourites are her birthday accessories, and her snowboard accessories. Coconut's so cute (and my mum's favourite, she isn't that big on AGs)!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I resisted Coconut for the longest time, but now I'm glad I have her. I have her as a display on my dresser that changes with the seasons - she's still wearing her cupid wings right now. Both the new Valentines set and the new Christmas set are great. The old Christmas set (from eBay) is very cute as well. The tambourine set is ok, but more plastic than some of the others. The collar is very cute, but the tambourine looks like a Barbie accessory (don't get me wrong, I loved Barbie when I was little, but it's just not the same quality as some other AG sets).

    - Becca

  7. #7
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ashley, I have the same coconut as you! I got mine from Borders! He does have the magnet mouth! if you take a magnet from your fridge, you can check!!! Some magnets repel, but most will stick!!

    I'll take a few pics tomorrow! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Sail-Away
    Guest Sail-Away's Avatar

    Post

    LOVE Coconut.

    I think our favorite sets are the Valentines set and the snowboard. Both are very cute. I am looking into getting her travel carrier next....oh and her beach toys set.

    We got Licorice for my niece at Christmas. All of Coconuts items do work fer her because she aslo has tha magnet. The tambourine set os another story because the thing has "pupstar" writen on it. Oh and her dog bed has a dog treat. Guess it won't really matter for play though. I think either way you can't go wrong but we like Coconut better.

    Just remember the B&N ones doe not come with her little accessories. Likewise, the Licorice from there also doesn't come with her pillow or toy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •